LANDMARK LAW SOLICITORS
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to our clients. This includes a commitment to putting things right when they go wrong. This policy explains how we will deal with any complaint that is referred to us. Your complaint might concern the way in which you have been dealt with, the quality of advice you have received or any invoice that you have received.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact the person acting for you in the first place. S/He will try to redress your unhappiness within seven days by phone, in writing or face to face meeting. If you are still unhappy please contact our complaint handing partner Mr Debashish Kumer Dey. You can contact him by post at our office address, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org It is preferable that you do put your concerns into writing, but if you would prefer not to, or if you would find it difficult to do so, he can be contacted by phone at 020 7702 7966 / 07939090333 To explain to you how long this process might take we have included our target times for each stage of the process. Where, for any reason, it is not possible to observe any of these limits we will let you know and explain why.
What will happen next?
- On receipt of your complaint Mr Debashish Dey will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and might invite you to a meeting to discuss your concerns. We will open a file for your complaint in our system and Mr Dey will examine the file that we have on the work that we have been doing for you. We would look to acknowledge your complaint within two days of receiving it and will complete our initial examination within seven days.
- We might then invite you to a meeting or we will write to you to ask for further information. Alternatively, we might write to you setting out our views on the situation and suggesting any redress that we would feel to be appropriate. We will aim to write to you with our views and any suggestions within seven days of completing our investigations.
- Where we feel that we have failed in our standards we could offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- If, by this stage, you are still not satisfied, please let us know. It would be helpful to us if you could do so within the next 21 days but there is no obligation on you to do so. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within ten days of hearing from you.
- We will let you know the result of the review within seven days of the end of the review and will do so by writing to you to confirm our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- if you are not still happy, you may, if you wish, approach the Legal Ombudsman who provides a service examining complaints against lawyers, including solicitors’ firms. He will usually expect us to have concluded our examination of your complaint within eight weeks and will usually expect to have complaints referred to him within six months of the end of our complaints handling process as set out above. The services provided by the Legal Ombudsman are limited to individuals and smaller organisations – for more details see his website. The full details of how to contact this office are as follows:
If you are unhappy about our conduct or behaviour such as dishonesty, taking or losing your money, discriminating against you because of your age, colour, disability or other characteristic or any other breach of SRA Principle, you can complain about it to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Please consult SRA website at https://www.sra.org.uk/ for more information.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We will do our best to address any dissatisfaction that you have experienced in using the services of this firm. Our primary objective is to put things right.
- Bow Business Centre, 153-159 Bow Road, London E3 2SE
- 02 07702 7966
- 020 8880 6547
- Email Us